Every season we are inspired by nature, and sustainability and ethical production are matters very close to the heart of Apolina.
We are continuously making efforts to improve our practices, while being very proud of what we’ve achieved so far.
- Increased use of linen in the range. Linen is a kinder crop – it’s resilient, waste-free, needs less water to grow, and doesn’t require harsh ground preparation.
- Increasing our offer of organic fibres, both Cotton and Linen
- Hang tags are made from recycled card.
- No plastic packaging – our protection bags used for wholesale orders and keeping goods clean in our warehouse are all made from a compostable alternative.
- Our mailers are 100% recyclable, having been carefully selected from a climate neutral company, they are rafted from sustainable grass paper. Tissue paper is 100% compostable and recyclable. It is acid free, printed with soy based ink.
- We produce garments in small batches to avoid over-production and waste.
- We support traditional crafts in the region of our factory.
- We source artisan weavers from craft markets in India to develop fabrics for us
- Our small, family run manufacturer provides a safe, clean workplace where staff are treated fairly and ethical production practices are strictly adhered to.
- Working with one single manufacturer allows us to build strong relationships, consolidate fabrics, easily use up production remnants and provide ongoing predictable workflow to sustain jobs.
- Our factory is Sedex approved.
- Our factory employs equal numbers of men and women, which is rare for the industry. This equality is reflected at all levels from factory workers to the development team and even management.
- We work with charity partners such as 'Goods for Good' to find the best use for any excess stock we hold at the end of season.
Each season we visit the factory in India and spend time with the staff. It’s reassuring to see the team happily at work – there are always familiar faces, and it’s the perfect opportunity to ensure we’re operating in the best possible way for our garments and our staff. We also have contributed funds to sponsor members of staff in our India team who have found themselves in less fortunate situations during the global pandemic. We have an extremely close relationship with our team in India and pride ourselves on mutual respect and support.