Makes four small mugs or two big ones.
- 3 cups oat milk or other unsweetened dairy-free milk*
- ½ tbsp coconut oil (depending on preference. Some oil will sit at the top of the drink – our wee one prefers not too much oil, but you can add more)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 whole cinnamon stick
- Sweetener of choice to taste: honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar or agave syrup. We used a heaped teaspoon of organic honey.
- A pinch of ground black pepper on top (for pepper fans only!)
*Almond milk is not currently deemed bee-friendly, so we recommend trying another dairy-free milk!
Add all your ingredients to a pan, whisk to combine, and warm through for a few minutes without boiling. Whisk occasionally to melt the oil.
Once warmed adjust sweetness if needed, then simply pour out into mugs, allow to cool a little and take some time to enjoy together. :) (Remember that turmeric stains!)
You can easily tweak this recipe to your own taste the more you make it. Try adding cardamom pods or using fresh ginger and turmeric roots. Yum!